Technical Training Specialist
Position: Technical Training Specialist
Location: Telecommuting in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach/Hampton Roads area. Occasional travel required.
Job Description: Full or part-time professional serving as a liaison between Navy in-service engineering agents/subject matter experts and developers of curriculum/training materials for Navy surface equipment. Works with the curriculum development team to ensure superior technical accuracy of all training materials and multimedia, including trainee guides, instructor guides, PowerPoint Presentations, simulations, animations, etc.
Flexible hours, ideal for telecommuting with limited travel. Competitive benefits package/ 401k available. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Knowledge of/experience with Naval training, ILS, maintenance or engineering, namely:
- Some knowledge of U.S. Navy training systems;
- Knowledge of U.S. Naval ship systems including Hull, Mechanical and Engineering (HM&E) and major weapons systems;
- Knowledge of standard formal electrical and mechanical troubleshooting procedures and practices;
- Experience with the operations and maintenance of electrical and/or mechanical systems aboard a warship or military auxiliary;
- Good understanding of electrical and mechanical safety procedural and material requirements per current Navy guidance;
- Some operational experience, within the last ten years, with systems currently in use by the Navy (diesel engines, compressed air/gas systems, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, fuel/lube oil systems, ventilation systems)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team, professional reliability and commitment to excellence.
- Superior time management skills and ability to multi-task to meet assigned deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, Adobe PDF; must be able to type.
- Strong attention to detail.
Clearance: Applicants selected will be subjected to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
Education Req: High school diploma and minimum of 7-10 years US Navy mechanical or electrical experience, pay grades E-7 and above.