Position: Technical Training Specialist
Location: Telecommuting in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach/Hampton Roads or Philadelphia area. Occasional travel required.
Job Description: Full or part-time professional serving as developer of training materials for the federal workforce IAW military and government standards. Works as part of the curriculum development team to ensure superior ISD quality and technical accuracy of all training materials and multimedia, including trainee guides, instructor guides, PowerPoint Presentations, simulations, animations, etc.
Flexible hours, ideal for telecommuting with limited travel. Competitive benefits package/ 401k available. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Experience with training design using ISD principles and standards
- Superior ability to read, understand and translate complex technical data into training content.
- Ability to research, learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Knowledge of/experience with military (Navy/Army/Air Force) l training, ILS, maintenance or engineering, namely:
- Knowledge of U.S. Naval ship systems/Army weapons and tactical systems/USAF aircraft systems
- Knowledge of standard formal electrical and mechanical troubleshooting procedures and practices;
- Some operational experience, within the last ten years, with systems currently in use by the Navy, Army or Air Force (diesel engines, compressed air/gas systems, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, fuel/lube oil systems, ventilation systems)
- Military training certification preferred (Master Training Specialist or equivalent)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team, professional reliability and commitment to excellence.
- Superior time management skills and ability to multi-task to meet assigned deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, Adobe PDF; must be able to type.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow set standards.
Applicants selected will be subjected to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in English, Education, Psychology, Instructional Systems Design, Engineering or equivalent discipline and 3-5 years of training development experience
OR High school diploma and 7-10 years of relevant experience.
***To apply, please submit your resume and completed employment application to email@example.com
Gemini offers a competitive benefits package and 401k Plan. As a federal government contractor, we participate in the e-Verify program. Gemini is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.