Location: Telecommuting. Occasional travel to southeastern PA/NJ area.
Job Description: Part- time professional to support creation and structuring of technical manuals/documentation in electronic/digital formats in accordance with military and commercial standards. The position requires the ability to adhere to format requirements, import and integrate text and graphics, determine fonts, accurately type engineering and mathematical symbols, and produce accurately linked interactive manuals. TW/Editor will develop operational procedures, corrective maintenance, and diagnostics (troubleshooting) procedures for Organizational (O-Level) and Intermediate (I-Level) maintenance and participate in joint Government In-Process Reviews (IPRs) and Combined Validation/Verification (CVV) efforts as required. Flexible hours, ideal for telecommuting with limited travel. Competitive benefits package/401k available. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Experience in utilizing scientific programming skills with digital computer systems, information systems, data management or configuration control applications, content management systems.
- Experience in development and production of technical manuals/electronic technical manuals, and interactive electronic technical manuals (TM/ETMs/IETMs) using CSS, SGML, HTML, XML, and linked PDF, including embedded graphics; developing programs for converting IETMs to multiple formats including MIL-DTL-24784C, MIL-STD-34784, and S1000D; applying SGML/XML and/or S1000D specification standards to technical documentation processes.
- Understanding of DITA architecture and S1000D specification and processes is preferred Experience developing and applying DTDs, style sheets, templates, XML schemas.
- Experience with technical documentation authoring/publishing tools (e.g. Contenta, Arbortext, Adobe Frame Maker.) Strong organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team, professional reliability and commitment to excellence.
- Superior time management skills and ability to multi-task to meet assigned deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, Adobe PDF.
***To apply, please submit your resume and completed employment application to
Gemini offers a competitive benefits package and 401k Plan. As a federal government contractor, we participate in the e-Verify program. Gemini is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.