||Technical Document/XML Specialist
||Telecommuting. Occasional travel to southeastern PA/NJ area.
- Full time professional to support creation of technical manuals/documentation in electronic/digital formats in accordance with military and commercial standards.
- Experience in utilizing scientific programming skills with digital computer systems, information systems, data management or configuration control applications, content management systems.
- Experience in developing text translation programs and production of technical manuals/electronic technical manuals, and interactive electronic technical manuals (TM/ETMs/IETMs) using SGML, XHTML/HTML, XML, and linked PDF, including embedded SVG, CGM and PDF graphics.
- Experience developing programs for converting IETMs to multiple formats including MIL-DTL-24784C, MIL-STD-34784, and S1000D; applying SGML/XML and/or S1000D specification standards to technical documentation processes.
- Experience with DITA architecture and S1000D specification and processes.
- Experience with engineering/ maintenance life cycle of electrical/mechanical systems.
- Experience developing and applying DTDs, style sheets, templates, XML schemas.
- Experience with technical documentation authoring/publishing tools (e.g. Contenta, Arbortext, Adobe Frame Maker.)
- Strong organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team, professional reliability and commitment to excellence.
- Superior time management skills and ability to multi-task to meet assigned deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, Adobe PDF.
- Compensation commensurate with years of experience. P/T positions available.
- Flexible hours, ideal for telecommuting with limited travel. Competitive benefits package/401k available. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- B.S./B.A. degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, communications, or related field. Five (5) years technical manual development experience. Three (3) years’ experience with XML programming.
- Applicants selected will be subjected to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
**To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org including your salary requirements.
Return to Careers